Friday, October 11, 2013

Pesto Roundup

This week when I was doing my meal plans I asked John what he would like to eat.  As I was writing down Chicken Pesto Sandwiches, he said Chicken Pesto Pasta.  We really love pesto!  I ended up doing both, making pesto and broiling chicken breast.  We had it with pasta at night and on sandwiches for lunch the next day.  It worked out really well.
John put mozzerella cheese on his.
Anyway, in light of out obvious love for pesto, I decided to do a bit of a roundup.  The first two are from previous posts.  Remember my Chicken Pesto Pizza?  I used the same recipe for pesto for the sandwiches and pasta this week.

Next is one of our favorites, sun dried tomato pesto.  I shared it before on Kale Pizza.  I also love to use this pesto on a pizza with zucchini, or with pasta and roasted vegetables, like asparagus.
Now we move on to other people's food.  I have only ever made basil based pesto and I am ready to branch out and try something new. This Mint Pesto is from A Thought for Food, a blog I have only recently discovered but so far love.  They photos are so appetizing and I know I am looking forward to trying it.  Of course I will be subbing in nutritional yeast for the Parmesan cheese to make it dairy free, but by all means, if you can eat it, enjoy.
This next one is a Spicy Kale Pesto from The Simple Veganista.  All I can say is wow.  And why have I not tried other kinds of pesto before?  This looks so good.
What are your favorite pesto recipes?  Anything really unusual out there I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment