Friday, July 13, 2012

Lenora's Yeast Rolls

I get my recipe for dinner rolls from Bernard Clayton's New Complete Book of Breads.  I really recommend this book for anyone who wants to bake bread, whether you have never done it, or have been doing it for years.  It has everything from the first loaf you will ever bake to the french bread you will want to bake every day.
Anyway, these rolls can be made in almost any shape, and the complete recipe in the book gives directions on how to shape all the variations.  For an online version of the recipe, check out Tastebook's version.

The batter is really buttery, and the combination of the egg and the raw sugar I use gives it a really beautiful golden color.
The butter content makes it really smooth once kneaded, and you don't even have to grease the bowl when you leave it to rise!
The recipe contains mashed potatoes, and since I had some left over from last night's pierogies, my rolls tonight have little flecks of minced garlic in them.  Yum!
What's your favorite dinner roll?


No comments:

Post a Comment