Friday, August 9, 2013

Guacamole

You may have noticed my absence recently.  We have been getting ready for our big move to San Diego, including a trip out there last week.  Look at the amazing tomatoes I got at the farmer's market there.






We move at the end of the month so there may be a notable absence for a bit longer as we pack and get in our last visits with friends on this coast.  In the meantime, guacamole.  I love it! It is so easy to make and so delicious.  And I got fresh avocados from the farmer's market while we were in San Diego.










Guacamole



3 small avocados
3/4 of a lime of juice
salt
small handful of cilantro , and yes I cut off the leaves before chopping, but that is not necessary
optional but not necessary is tomato and hot pepper.  I like to add a splash of hot sauce if I'm home

To remove the avocado from the skin, follow this tutorial, which is the closest to how I do it I could find on the internet.  I like to mash the avocado until it has smooth parts and also some small chunks.  Then I add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a folding motion.  I then taste the mixture and adjust the salt and lime juice accordingly.  So good.


No comments:

Post a Comment