Thursday, November 15, 2012

Marinated Mushrooms

Since making the Veggie Shepard's pie two weekends ago, I have been marinating mushrooms for everything.  I thought maybe I should post a simple marinade.

Marinated Mushrooms

3 large portobello caps
1/4 c cooking sherry
1/4 c olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 c hot water
1/2 tsp vegetable bouillon paste (I prefer Better than Bouillon)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried sage
salt and pepper

Mix the cooking sherry, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a measuring cup or small bowl.  Dissolve the bouillon in the hot water and add it to the liquid mix.  Whisk the sugar, oregano, sage, salt, and pepper into the liquid mixture until the sugar dissolves.  Place the mushroom caps top down in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them.  It is ok if some liquid escapes into the dish.  Always let them sit at least a half an hour before cooking.

So far I have cut up the mushrooms and sauteed them.  This has worked well for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment